Monday, June 28, 2010

No news is good news!

We are all still at the lake house enjoying the wonderful view! It's really a great place to recover.

Mom is continuing to do well. I keep telling her to take naps, but I don't think she is! She is looking great, eating well, and doing odds and ends to stay "active." She gets her blood work every Monday and Thursday, and we were told that no news is good news. So far, everything has gone well!

I have less energy than I expected at this point, but that is OK. The pain in the back and shoulder is still there, but other than that, I'd say there was no real pain.

My recent blood work was trending well too. On June 9th, one of my pancreas enzymes was 350 (normal is 7-78, I think), and now it is 89...so that's good news too! The liver enzymes of course are not normal yet, but are headed that way. I have an MRI here at UVA on July 20th, so I guess they will tell us how much has grown back!

Bryan will hopefully be able to come up to the lake to celebrate the 4th with us. He has been such a wonderful help to all of us!

Chloe seems to love me again, which is good news.

Not much to report! We look forward to being out on the tennis court again (September 3 for me...) soon!

-ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment