Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back in Charlottesville


Bryan left this morning. It was sad to see him go, as he has been such a big help. He took my car, and will come back up to get me when it's time to go home. Chloe is having major withdrawals already. She followed him around everywhere he went for the past three weeks.

So, now it is just mom, dad, Chloe, and me. We will be at the hotel (yawn) until Tuesday. Tuesday we have our doctors appointments at UVA. If all goes as expected, we will head to the late after that.

When Bryan and I got back to the hotel last night, we could not believe how awesome mom looked! Her eyes are white, and her skin looks so much more healthy! We can't wait to hear what the doctor has to say.

The lake was nice...it's such a beautiful place. I know I over did it the past two days. The walk down to the dock is long. The walk to the mailbox is long. The ladder into the water is something I should not have done (The water just PULLED me in...just to my waist. I really couldn't help it.) :) I just didn't rest as much as I should have. But, overall, I'm just a little sore. I figure that can't be bad.

As far as pain goes, the back pain is still there at night, but other than that I tell people that my trainer has made me about 1,000% more sore than I am after this. The swelling and bloating is still there, which is...gross. The belly ring is gone forever since I've been so swollen.

When I had my trainer, I used to do these calf exercises with 30 pound weights. That was horrible. It's interesting that walking up and down the steps will give me that same feeling of soreness! I plan on walking more, to save muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment