Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mom Comes Home!

After 9 days in the hospital, we have received clearance to bring Mom home today! Her liver numbers continue to improve, and frankly have never been an issue after surgery. Yesterday afternoon she began drinking more fluids and eating more solid foods. From the time I left the hospital yesterday morning to the time I returned after lunch, her energy level had dramatically increased. When I returned after dinner to take her for a walk outside I was amazed at how well she looks. I think I could have snuck her out the back door last night and no one would have objected.

We are going back to the hospital shortly to pick her up. Before she can leave I am sure her transplant coordinator will need to go over mountains of information with her. I am sure it will be hard for her to stay focused during that time....that's why we will be there! And I wont be surprised if many of the wonderful surgeons and RNs come by to wish her well. Might be a good picture opportunity!

More to come later.

5 comments:

  1. Wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! great news, Bryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give her my love and a big hug. She's come a long way on this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please take lots of pics and share them with us. We will enjoy them immensely and you will be glad to have them to look back at. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! That's what I'm thinking about right now.

    Love
    Bill and Carolynn Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a trooper! Please give hugs and warm fuzzies from us!

    Love
    John and Linda Gregg

    ReplyDelete