Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thank you!



It's Ashley--

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts, and prayers. We are overwhelmed with all of the positive well wishes!! It really is so nice to go back and read what everyone has posted. I have already thanked Jenny for coming up to help care for us. I just cannot repay her, and words do not do justice. For those of you who do not know, Jenny has been a friend since 1988. We grew up in the same neighborhood, and is one of those friends who if you don't talk to them for a while, you can pick up right where you left off in no time.

Another person whom I would like to thank is my brother, Bryan. He is a little over 5 years younger than me, but has shown more maturity than I could during this time. He has been at everyone's beck and call with no complaints whatsoever. When I got out of the hospital, he would get up in the middle of the night to rub my back or get anything I needed. He is extremely considerate, caring, and compassionate. He has played the role of caretaker, mother, father, brother, friend, dog-sitter, errand runner, chef, and everything else with grace. Thank you, Bryan! I love you!

I could not imagine having to have been in my dad's shoes. He had both of his girls under the knife at the same time. I said before I went under, "I'm glad I'm on this end and not the one who has to wait..." That had to be the hardest part! He did this with patience and calmness. He has spent his time running back and forth between hospital rooms visiting with both, errand running, dog-sitting, and making sure that everything was ready when we got home. Thank you, Dad! I love you!

As for my dog, I think she hates me. But, that will change with time. :)

I'm getting stronger and stronger as the days go by, and having mom here is awesome! We pray that her blood work comes back great tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment