Sunday, June 20, 2010

Last few days in Charlottesville...we hope!

Ashley here...

Things are continuing to go very well! Mom still looks great, eyes are white, skin looks good, and she is eating very well. Foods that used to upset her stomach are now doing just fine, which is an even better sign!

Yesterday was spent resting, and also going down to the nearby outside shopping center. Dad dropped us off, and we walked around for about an hour and a half. It was good to get out, although shopping is not my favorite. :) After that, we rested some more, then went over to the Garland's for dinner. It was really nice to see everyone, and the food was awesome!

My back is continuing to hurt at night, so I'm not sleeping much. I can't really complain too much though because nothing else hurts other than being a little sore. I think I said it before, but my former personal trainer had me more sore than this on a weekly basis. I am wondering when the back issues will go away though. Once I'm up and out of bed, it sort of fades.

As far as pain medicine goes, I stopped the Vicodin sometime last week. It is really not necessary. I am taking one Valium (smallest dose they offer) at night for my back, but it's really not helping, so we will see what the Dr. says on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure mom is not taking any at all, and if she is it's only occasionally.

The rash on my stomach is mysterious, but looks better today. It's so itchy though.

My dog is having some adjustment issues. Bryan left, so she is depressed or something. She also ignores me, which is sad because she used to be at my feet or by me all the time. I have to retrain her to sleep in my room again, as she had been spending all her time with Bryan. Finally at 1:30 last night I got her up on the bed and she is still here, but no where near me. At the lake, I took her down to the water, and usually she pulls and pulls on the leash to get down there. This time, I said, "careful, careful", and she would stop at every step and wait for me to take my step. So, I know she's not totally just being mean. :)

Today, I hope to get a pedicure! Maybe mom will come, but she is worried about infection. She has to be very careful since she cannot risk sickness or infection!

That's all for now! Thank you to everyone for all the well wishes for my family!

1 comment:

  1. Chloe will come around right now she is just confused. When Bryan was there he was her normal and now things are not normal for her. Just give her time and lots of kisses, and before you know it she'll be back to her normal self. She's had a lot of adjusting to do this year.

    ReplyDelete