Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Less than 48 hours...

It's Ashley this time.

Today we had our pre-op appointments. We went to the transplant clinic and met again with the doctors, nurses and transplant coordinators. They are all so nice and helpful. My transplant coordinator gave me final details, and informed me that a man by the name of Walter will call me tomorrow for a report time for surgery. It seems awfully secretive!

I had bloodwork, vitals, paperwork, and meetings...it looks like everything is good to go! We will probably have to report to UVA at 6 am on Thursday. According to my (overly) optimistic surgeon, I can go home in two to three days. According to my wonderful transplant nurse we will shoot for Tuesday or Wednesday for me to get out of the hospital.

Two fairly exciting things happened today:

1. We were leaving the transplant offices, and a lady stopped me and said, "Are you getting ready for a transplant?" So, I told her, and she said, "Oh, you will love it here. My husband is three months post liver transplant and is doing very well!" We talked to them for a few minutes, and she raved about the team of doctors at UVA. She said, "I could tell by your eyes that you were about to undergo the procedure. We looked that same way about three months ago." (This just made me wonder if my eyes were extra wide today...)

2. After the appointments, Bryan and I went over to Mellow to get some pizza. As we were waiting, our entire surgical team walked by and sat down near us. I guess they need to eat as well. I'm glad neither one of us were drinking a beer. In that same hour, we also saw the RN, and a girl who went to High School with Bryan.

Now the wait begins! Thursday will be here before we know it! See you all on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment