Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Smith Mountain Lake Bound!

Great doctors appointments today!! We are so thrilled with all of the UVA doctors, nurses, and transplant team members. Everyone is so thoughtful and caring. I want to give an extra special thank you to my own transplant coordinator, who I won't name on this blog, but she has gone above and beyond both pre and post-op.

So far, all of mom's blood work looks as it was to be expected, and her medicines seem to be regulated. She even was able to stop taking the slew of pills she had to take pre-transplant. She got all of her staples out today, I think there were 31 in there. She will have blood drawn in Bedford twice a week while we are there.

As for me, the blood work that has come back looks good. The pain in the side, could possibly be some sort of internal torn muscle. The doctor described the mechanism they put me in for surgery, and he described it as a "Chinese torture device." So, unless my fever gets worse, or the rest of the blood work comes back funky, it's nothing to worry about.

Both of us feel great, and are ready to get to the lake!

Mom's next appointment with UVA will be in three months. Mine will be July 20th for an MRI and a last visit with the wonderful doctors. I will probably come home before then, then drive myself back up for the appointment! I am no longer taking pain medicine, so she said once I feel safe driving, I can drive.

That's all for now! Lake Bound!

Things to keep in thoughts and prayers: healthy eating, SUNSCREEN for mom, no virus, good blood work, and continued incision healing.

-Ashley

5 comments:

  1. this is all great news! so glad to hear it. enjoy the lake! love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you gals!! So glad to hear you're doing so well and headed to the lake. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, you go girls! Know you all miss Bryan. So glad he could be with you for an extended time. Ashley, I agree with you on the Residence Inn. It was our tempory home many times over the years waiting on closings. In fact, they use to have Happy Hour daily. We have been in Nashville keeping Cooper, our 16 month old. Stacey and Adam went to Chicago for a wedding. Needless to say we did some spoiling. Enjoy the lake. There is just something about a sunset and water. Will continue to keep you in my prayers. Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy amazing news for both of you - that is wonderful - know that you will all enjoy being at the lake. Tell your Dad the sun screen rule applies to him as well.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot Diggity! Great news all around! Have a wonderful feet-up time at the lake. I can sure relate to the calmness being on a lake brings! Can't wait to see you both! Hugs :D

    ReplyDelete