Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ashley is home!




** Dad did not want to pose. But, I'm sure mom has several on her camera of him!

I got back home last night, and it feels great to be back! However, I already miss mom and dad, as well as the lake. I am sure I overdid it today, but it really felt good to be productive. I'm sure my stomach will be sore tomorrow, but as long as I'm not lifting anything too heavy, it doesn't really matter.

Bryan was a huge help because he drove up to Virginia over the weekend to come get me! On the drive home, I got to drive for the first time in over a month, and it felt good. It's amazing how quickly I'm recovering. It seems like this past week I've made leaps and bounds. The back pain (hopefully) is over, and only minor stomach "pain," if you'd call it that.

Mom is continuing to do very well. Her blood work has come back "excellent" each time she's asked. As I said before, they will call her if there is a problem. She continues to look better and better each day!! Her skin is not jaundiced, her eyes are white, and she generally looks younger.

Dad is doing well too! He has been great taking mom back and forth to the blood work visits. He also runs all of the errands as well. I also know that he is making sure that mom is not lifting too much! However, I'm sure he can't keep her still...she is as busy as ever.

I just cannot thank the staff and surgeons at UVA enough for the wonderful experience we have had. One important note: We were the ONLY living liver transplant of 2010 so far. We didn't ask if there were any in 2009.... :)

So, I'm home and just getting myself reorganized. We go back to Virginia later this month for a little while for my doctors' visit and MRI.

So, again...no news is good news!

Thank you, everyone, for all your continued thoughts and prayers!

-ashley

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear this news, Ashley! It's all pretty incredible... glad that all involved are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete