Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Almost 6 weeks...

It's already been almost six weeks since surgery date. Everything is going so well!

Mom and Dad are still at the lake house. Mom says she is feeling great! Before I left, she was working on getting all her medicines ordered and regulated. All of that is going relatively smoothly, and from what I understand, her blood work continues to improve, so she hasn't had to adjust her medications. She is on Prednisone, but that is gradually being decreased. I'm sure she will be glad to be off that drug.

Mom has another appointment at UVA the first part of September, and then she will be back in Georgia. She will continue having blood drawn twice a week. It will be great to have them back here!

I'm doing great as well. I am walking at the park, trying to build back up endurance. They said I had clearance to exercise July 15th, and tennis September 3rd. I am not sure how ready I am for lots of exercise, but my days have pretty much gotten back to normal. The back pain is just minimal.

Bryan and I head back up to the lake later this week. We are looking forward to a last vacation of the summer! I have an appointment next week at UVA for an MRI (yuck), and hopefully my last doctors visit.

So, again...no news is good news! :)
Thank you to everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment