Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ashley's MRI and Lab Work

On Tuesday, I had an MRI and blood work at UVA. Here are the results.

Blood work:

* All levels have returned to normal except for the alkaline phosphatase (liver function test). Currently it is 183. Normal is 40-150. It was 400 in June. I believe it was 400 due to the bout of pancreatitis.

MRI:

* The MRI does show some fluid in my right side. My wonderful surgeon thinks that this is normal post surgery fluid, but he wants to rescan me in January. So, I'll take a trip up to UVA for another round of labs and and MRI (or CT scan) then. Until that time, I'm free!

Liver Stats:

The volume of my liver today is 1140 cc. Before donation, my whole liver was 1416.8 cc and the Right lobe was 936.2. I have regenerated all but 276 cc of my liver! According to these numbers, mom has 66.08% of my liver.


So, we are continuing to do very well! I do not have exact stats on mom's blood work, but she continues to have it drawn every Monday and Thursday. She usually calls on Thursdays to get the numbers for all the many different things that they check. As far as I know, her labs have been trending how they should be. I do know that her alkaline phosphatase level was (about) 64...so she is within NORMAL range for that particular liver function. Of course, they monitor much more with her, and have to carefully balance her medication to go along with her stats. She is gradually easing off the Prednisone.

I will continue to update as we hear news. Mom and Dad are still in Virginia. They are enjoying time at the lake house until her appointment at UVA in September. She also wants to stay there because the first three months are the most critical, and she wants to avoid germs as much as possible while her body is recovering.



1 comment:

  1. So glad all continues as planned. School is always draining at the beginning of the year, so Ashley, go as slow and easy as possible. Rest as much as possible. Fall should be pretty on a VA lake. My prayers are with each of you.

    ReplyDelete