Tuesday, August 31, 2010

All is still well...

I cannot wait to see mom and dad! We are headed up there this weekend after work. My bosses suggested that I bring Chloe to work so I don't have to go get her before we make the drive. I just may do that! A little wary about the germs though (on Chloe's fur before I bring her to mom). Will decide on Friday...

Mom is doing SO well. She said that her blood work still looks awesome, and that they lowered the Prograff (anti-rejection medicine.) As I understand it, she will never get off that drug, but it sounds good to me that they are lowering it.

She seems to have as much energy as she should, or more! I can't wait to see her!

I am really missing the lake. I love it there, and look forward to a long weekend getting some last minute sun and relaxation!

I am doing fine. I think I have all my energy back. I am still a little too tired to go to the gym to work out after work, but I get to the park. I have started some push ups and sit ups, and have noticed that I really have lost a ton of muscle. I go to tennis Thursday, so I am hopeful that my body will react well.

At first I lost probably a total of 15 pounds, but that's slowly creeping back up. I'm not sure how I feel about that! I know most of it was muscle, and it's annoying to not fit into my clothes, but I like the -15 pounds!

I feel like I sound like a broken record, but I could not imagine this to have gone any more smoothly! :)

Football season is around the corner. My family and I are huge football fans. We can't wait to watch all of the games this fall! GO DAWGS!!! (GO UVA!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley,

    I am a liver donor too! I came across you blog an loved reading your story! I'm so glad to see you and your mom are doing so well! I donated my left lobe to my cousin Melissa in August 2009 at UCSF (she is 30, I am 33). We just had our one year anniversary, both happy and healthy. Love seeing another pair of liver lovers recovering so happily also :) I would love to keep in touch to see how your long term recovery goes, and I'll share my experience with you as well!

    keep being strong and healthy!

    Alison Mitchell
    San Francisco, Ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just got this comment today. I'd love to keep in touch with you! I am so happy to hear about another positive story! Living donation is so rare, it's hard to really know what is going on!

    My email is ashkirk77@yahoo.com

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete