Saturday, November 20, 2010

New meds

Well, here it is November 20th- Ed's birthday by the way - and I got a call from my transplant coordinator yesterday who told me they will be putting me on some additional anti rejection medication(2 1mg. capsules of Celcept) - similar to but different than the Prograf that I am presently taking. It seems they are not ecstatic about my liver enzyme blood levels...and here I thought they were so good! Actually they are not all that bad, but apparently the levels they look at for transplant patients are not the same as for non transplant people. My liver #'s have been some elevated since returning to GA - they really were perfect or close to it in VA. Probably just a time thing...it has been 5 1/2 months since the transplant and I will see the doctors the end of December so maybe things will improve to their liking by then. Nothing is seriously out of whack so I am not worried and they don't seem to be - would just like the numbers to decline a little. My friend Bill Varner is still in ICU and now has pneumonia so that is not good but I am confident that his doctors are treating him with the best possible care. He is continually in our thoughts and prayers as is his family. I have also become in contact with the mom of someone who had a liver transplant just a week ago. The daughter is 24 and also had PSC and found her donor through the Internet. She just got out of ICU a day or so ago and seems to be doing well so I am happy about that and her donor was released from the hospital yesterday.

With Thanksgiving a few days away we realize we have so much to be thankful for! I am confident my health will continue to stay good and I will do everything to keep it going!

No comments:

Post a Comment